A Quick Summary
Seeds of Promise is a 501c3 non-profit organization, which is a dba of Community Development Impact Ministration, Inc. Seeds has emerged as a solution to neighborhood community issues surrounding multi-generational dependency that has continuously gone unaddressed. The existing “top-down” strategies have deepened recipient’s reliance on resources to date, rather than providing opportunities for them to become self-sustaining. Our mission is to equip and empower community residents to govern and direct continuously improving, self-sustaining personal and neighborhood prosperity. Seeds of Promise defines neighborhood prosperity as a community that meets the following impact dimensions:
- Youth are succeeding in learning and life
- Families are functioning effectively
- Adults are generating a livable wage income
- Residents are committed to a wellness lifestyle
- Neighborhood is safe to live, work and play.
Seeds of Promise – a Solution
Is it time that doing “good” gets done in a self-sustaining business-like manner?
The public sector is running out of funding to deliver help to urban neighborhoods. Foundations are shifting rapidly to funding measurable impact based sustainable ventures. The “give and gone” funding strategy is running out of gas. Why not use a new strategy – create profitable partnerships with prosperity focused urban residents that produce measurable social and sales impact for the funding source.
Why the War on Poverty did not solve the “poverty problem”
Our nation’s longest war demonstrated that trying to reduce poverty would not generate what’s needed – increased prosperity. In addition, a top-down, centralized funding strategy would not produce what’s desired – ingenuity based self-initiative. Finally, using a delivery system that costs more in overhead than pays out in direct service would not be sustainable. Instead, this strategy would produce difficult choices when the funding runs out – 1) reduce the overhead for delivering services, 2) shift funding from critical services to keep subsidizing the current service levels, or 3) reduce service levels at a time of increasing need.
How Seeds of Promise is the solution
Seeds of Promise is designed to serve three levels of solving the “poverty problem”:
- A local demonstration center for how to build a self-sustaining solution where urban residents govern and direct their personal and neighborhood improvement.
- An opportunity for others to experience the dynamic nature of empowering self-dependence.
- The operations hub for a private sector based strategy to rapidly replicate this solution within and beyond Michigan.
The strategy is fundamentally simple:
- Empower urban residents to transform their underdeveloped personal and neighborhood assets into increased market leverage-able competencies by solving the root cause of priority problems.
- Help them to build a continuous improvement based system “on the run” that supports their ingenuity-based self-initiative.
- Enable supportive non-profit, public and private organizations to produce increased measurable impact by integrating service delivery within the residents’ strategy.
- Support the residents building a self-sustaining strategy enabling them to control their destiny and leverage the market. After all, it’s just “good business’”.